Mitsui Chemicals Europe GmbH (MCE) is the European subsidiary of a worldwide operating Japanese Chemical Company which employs around 18.000 employees. Within the Mitsui Chemicals Group, Mitsui Chemicals Europe GmbH takes care of the regions Europe, Middle East and Africa. Our product portfolio includes - amongst others - fine & performance chemicals, packaging & engineering materials and specialties for the automotive and industrial sector. For our Milastomer Department we are looking for a
Technical Service Engineer (m/f/d)
Your main assignments will be:
- Technical support mainly to European customers (This includes e.g. solving of technical problems utilizing our lab facilities, to find and propose suitable materials to our customers, development of new products in cooperation with our customers and our R&D, attendance at customer trials)
- To gather market information about automotive interior parts (airbag cover and interior skin applications, etc. and report this information internally and to Mitsui Chemicals in Japan
- Cooperation with machine suppliers (e.g. giving material and processing support for new machine developments)
- Development of new applications within EMEA (e.g. frequent visits to potential customers, exhibitions, conferences, intensive customer training on site, establishing contacts between customers and machine suppliers)
- Claim and complaint management (e.g. collaboration with involved parties)
- Support MCE´s sales and marketing team and the sales & marketing team of our group companies (e.g. giving technical explanations and trainings for new customers, presentations at conferences and exhibitions, market orientated training and technical training to third parties)
- Degree in Polymer Engineering, M.Sc. in plastics engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge in polymers and their properties especially thermoplastic elastomers, polyolefin compounds and other competitive materials
- Knowledge about automotive applications
- Practical experiences in plastic processing (cast, calendar, injection molding and extrusion), especially injection molding at least 3-5 years
- Skills of analyzing customer requirements/problems for advices to the customers or discussion/negotiation with R&D Japan.
- Deep knowledge about Thermo Plastics Elastomers (TPE`s)
- Good commercial understanding and experience in handling commercial topics like cost calculation
- Negotiation skills and ability to work in a team
- Interest to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Business fluent German and English skills, both written and verbal. Additional language is appreciated.
- Willingness to travel (approx. 40%)
- Good MS-Office Skills
We offer an interesting and challenging job in an international environment, a good working atmosphere as well as a good compensation package.
If you are interested in the position, please sent an application to our following email-address: email@example.com
MITSUI CHEMICALS EUROPE GMBH